Link Up Women’s Support Centre is a women’s only mental health charity that provides a safe caring community in North East Edinburgh.
Link Up empowers women who experience mental health difficulties, to achieve their full potential by offering long-term support, health education, health promotion, creative and social activities.
Our holistic approach supports women to develop self-belief and confidence on their own terms.
Women are also involved at every level of the organisation including planning and service delivery. As a result, women’s lives, families and communities are enhanced as they find a voice both individually and collectively.
1. To help women to develop strategies to improve their mental health.
2. To provide formal and informal support for members within and out with the Centre.
3. To improve women’s self-confidence and skills through participating in a full programme of education, health promotion and creative activities.
4. To enable and encourage the women to participate fully in the management of the Centre, through voting membership and membership of the Management Committee.
5. To ensure that the individual group programmes and the Centre programme are negotiated with members and are responsive to their declared needs.
6. To provide education, guidance and information to enable the members to move on to other formal and informal activities.
Staff Team & Volunteers
Sharon Kelly – Centre Manager
Linda Furley – Admin Worker
Stephen Cooney – Finance Officer
Zosia Ross – Project Worker
Margaret Heinsar – Project Worker
Rebecca Mitchell – Project Worker
Suzanne Carmichael – Counsellor
Emily Dodd – Writing Group Leader
Creche Team – Rajwant Singh, Val Clapton & Shelley Crowe
Carmen Martinez – Volunteer Communications Officer
Margaret-Anne MacArthur – Chair
Maggie Squires – Secretary
Treasurer – Carmen Martinez
Funders and Partners
A great big thank-you to all the following:
Achieving Community Empowerment Programme, Art in Healthcare, Awards for All, City of Edinburgh Council, Care 4 Carers, Craigentinny and Duddingston Neighbourhood Partnership, Craigmillar Family and Child Centre, Denise Ford, Durham University Charities Committee, Edinburgh Community Food, Edinburgh Leisure, ELCA, EVOC, ELTF, Feniks, Frank Sargent: The Shiatsu Centre, Greenspace Trust, Hibernian Community Foundation, Lochend Community Garden, Lothian and Borders Police, Lyceum Theatre, Melanie Jordon, National Portrait Gallery, NHS Lothian, The People’s Health Trust, Pilton Disabled Alliance Retreat, Rosa Fund, The Speaker, Seasons, Scottish Community Foundation, Tampon Tax, Standard Life and The Ripple Project.