We aim to provide a safe caring environment in the community for women in North East Edinburgh who suffer from mental health problems and social isolation. LUWSC seeks to enable our members to achieve their full potential through providing support, education, confidence building, health education and health promotion. Through participating at Link Up, women are able to take more control of their lives in their families and communities, and find a voice individually and collectively.
1. To help women to develop strategies to improve their mental health.
2. To provide formal and informal support for members within and and outwith the Centre.
3. To improve women’s self-confidence and skills through participating in a full programme of education, health promotion and creative activities.
4. To enable and encourage the women to participate fully in the management of the Centre, through voting membership and membership of the Management Committee.
5. To ensure that the individual group programmes and the Centre programme are negotiated with members and are responsive to their declared needs.
6. To provide education guidance and information to enable the members to move on to other formal and informal activities.
The Staff Team
Sharon Kelly – Centre Manager
Margaret Heinsar – Project Worker
Zosia Ross – Project Worker
Joan Robertson – Project Worker
Suzanne Carmichael – Counsellor
Emily Dodd – Writing Group Leader
Creche Team – Angie Stobie (Team Leader), Rajwant Singh, Val Clapton & Shelley Crowe
Margaret-Anne McArthur – Chair
Maggie Squires – Secretary
Vacancy – Treasurer
Funders and Partners
A great big thank-you to all the following:
Achieving Community Empowerment Programme, Art in Healthcare, Awards for All, City of Edinburgh Council, Care 4 Carers, Craigentinny and Duddingston Neighbourhood Partnership, Craigmillar Family and Child Centre, Denise Ford, Durham University Charities Committee, Edinburgh Community Food, Edinburgh Leisure, ELCA, EVOC, ELTF, Feniks, Frank Sargent: The Shiatsu Centre, Greenspace Trust, Hibernian Community Foundation, Lochend Community Garden, Lothian and Borders Police, Lyceum Theatre, Melanie Jordon, National Portrait Gallery, NHS Lothian, The People’s Health Trust, Pilton Disabled Alliance Retreat, Rosa Fund, The Speaker, Seasons, Scottish Community Foundation, Tampon Tax, Standard Life and The Ripple Project.